Sunday, March 1, 2009

Emma @ sterilised on 28 Feb 2009~

I finally brought Emma to TJV for her sterilisation yesterday! I had actually booked the appointment since months ago, during November perhaps? She was supposed to have the OP done in December along with Jester & Tamy, but she came on her heat & thus the operation was postponed till now..~

I had a long day yesterday as i sent Emma for basic grooming @ RPP in the morning, then proceeding to TJV, which is 35mins drive away~ Our appointment with Dr Heng was 1pm & the grooming was done @ 12.15pm~ So i rushed down immediately & i managed to make my way there w/o getting lost (since the last time i went there was 11 Oct 2007 when Ebi was neutered). And thanks Ah Chel & Garry for being my 'street-directory' too! LOL~ Luckily i had the map & written routes ready in the car. Phew!

I consulted Dr Heng this time w/o sending Emma straight in coz i wanted to ask her about Emma's hernia - though small & sometimes invisible, but i thought it was better to had it repaired. =) Dr Heng says it's not necessary as it's wasn't an active one that will grow, but it had already closed up which she mentioned something about being an 'old hernia' thingy. But since it's going to be on the same 'cut', i thought about it & gave her the go-ahead since she doesn't need to make another slit on Emma's belly. Oh! When Dr Heng told me how much she have to shave Emma, i was taken aback! Gosh, it she shaves off the skirtings, that means Emma will have 2 'holes, one on each side between the waist & legs! I would have gotten Emma's skirtings & fur trimmed & shaved if Marc was in town! But since i had no choice, i can only oblige. Dr Heng says she will try her best as i 'persuaded' her to just shave the middle part leaving the skirtings alone. LOL~

Emma was trembling badly on the cold table & Dr Heng had to sayang her & reassure her every now & then that everything is alright. She took Emma's temperature & gave her a through check-up before giving the 'clearance' for the OP to be carried out. I've also left instructions for the nurse to call me after Emma's OP because i really wanted to make sure she is alright & had woken up from the GA. I left the clinic @ around 1.45pm, proceeded for lunch @ the kopitiam nearby before heading down to Tampines & fetched Dad & Mom. =)

During all these while i was thinking & worrying about my baby gal, wondering how she was doing? I asked myself again & again why i had to put her through it? Ebi has been neutered, it doesn't matters whether Emma gets sterilised anot since i will not bring her outta the house when she comes on heat. But come to think of it, for health benefits, the mess when she's on heat & the risk of her getting preggy if i wasn't careful enough - i had to go ahead. There shouldn't be any regrets. =]

I was definately jumping with joy when the nurse called @ 5+pm & told me Emma's OP went well, she's alright & had woken up slightly. But as they wanted to keep her under longer observation, thus asked me to pick her up after 8.30pm~ Thank God! I quickly cleaned the room, vaccumed & mopped the floors, then proceeding to change the new bedding for her. I wanted everything clean for her when she comes back home. =) Anyway, she weighs 6.7kg as of yesterday & my total bill came up to : $213.75 ~ (",)

Photobucket
Clean bedding + new set of pillow & bolster~ LOL
Photobucket
TJV - much thanks to Dr. Grace Heng!
Photobucket
Emma, drowsy after OP
Photobucket
Teary-eyed. She looks painful. Awwww, it broke my heart totally!! :~(
Photobucket
Photobucket
Close-up on her stitches. It was really really nicely & well done.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
*My darling baby girl* =)
All these while, she refuses to sleep no matter how i cajoled her. Dad & Mom was heartpained to see her this way too. I had her to sleep with Mom & Dad yesterday night coz i wanted her to rest totally without any disturbance from Ebi~
Photobucket
Photobucket
As i watched & stroked her lightly, she finally fell asleep~
Photobucket
Emma will have to be blocked away from Ebi for the next 7-10 days as i didn't want the both of them to play rough, neither did i want Ebi to lick her wound.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Emma was simply afraid of the E-Collar! She wouldn't move a single bit once the e-collar is on her head. She will sit & stay there for the longest time, not even luring her with food/treats would help. BoOhOo!

Anyway, thanks guys for all the well-wishes! I'm sure my little fighter would 'stand-up' & run around in no time! Get well soon, Emma! ("v")

2 comments:

DoMoFi said...

Speedy recovery to Emma!

Ebi n' Emma said...

Thank you DoMo-Pa! =)