Monday, December 29, 2008

Teeth Extractions

Saturday, 27th Dec - A day i've looked forward to since weeks ago, it's X'mas Party @ Ah Chel's house. Yet also the day i dreaded most & feared of. Shucks!

Have an appointment with Tooth Angels @ 12pm for tooth extractions. Originally, my planned schedule was as per following;-

27 Dec - 1st & 2nd teeth extraction
03 Jan - 3rd & 4th teeth extraction
08 Jan - Braces Implant

My assigned dental surgeon was Dr Lim. But as he was out of town & i can't postponed my dates later as CNY is nearing, Dr Chia took over & assisted him. He's a pretty nice & funny dentist though. I had to undergo full cleaning & polishing (as i hasn't been to the dentist for more that 6 years? LOL) first. All the tartars & plague were removed & i was extremely glad with the results coz my teeths were very very clean! The dentist also tried her very best to minimize my pain. Costed $115 though.

Next, it was tooth extractions by Dr Chia. He somehow managed to psychoed me of extracting the 4 teeths at one go & since i had wisom tooths - he suggested that i extract the wisdom tooths on next week's appointment before i continue to implant the braces. I've still not decided whether to go ahead with the extraction of wisdom tooths anot, dentist ever said i could extract after im done with the braces 2-3 years later. But, definately it would be better to extract all now so when the braces is up, it can be aligned more perfectly. Should i anot? Hmmmz~

Anyway, there were abit of pain when the dental surgeon had to inject anaesthetic into my gums.. *ouch*! After that he off the lights & allowed me to rest for awhile for the anaesthetic to take effect. My mouth & gums went numb & he came in w/ the assisting nurse. He kept talking to me to distract me & massage my cheeks to make sure i wasn't feeling anything? Then he went ahead to start the extractions.. I could feel him shaking the tooth & twisting it off, the 'sounds' were terrible! But it doesn't hurt & 1 by 1, the teeths came off. Eeeekss!! I bled quite alot & i had to bite onto the gauze for 3 hours. This extractions costed me another $200 ($50 for each teeth). After i paid, i wrote my addy down on a paper & hailed a cab home, shoving the paper to the taxi uncle. I couldn't speak as the blood would drip from my mouth. I felt so sick when i was in the cab home. Arrghhhh~!

Mom was worried & shocked that i've extracted 4 teeths (which originally planned was 2). She says; "ai swee, mai mia" - 要美,不要命. Muahahaa~ Anyway, my mouth was sore & tired from biting onto the gauze. I spit it off, rinsed my mouth & changed a new set of gauze. But the blood just wouldn't stop flowing & hours later, just as i was preparing to bath & get ready to Ah Chel's house - i spit off the gauze again & sucked ice-cubes, daddy says it stops the blood faster this way. It does helps in someway though, coz i could feel the blood getting lesser & lesser. Phew!

Photobucket
4 tooths down

I was glad that when the anaesthetic weared off, there wasn't any pain at all. My mouth just felt sore cause i chewed on the gauze for hours. Anyway, i left the house at 6+ in the evening to attend Ah Chel's Xmas Party. Yippeeeeeeeee!

Oh yah, since xmas day i was already having the runs, but it got better on saturday. Then yesterday, i had the runs again & when i took a nap in the noon, i awoke around 4+pm with a slight fever & my whole body ached. Gosh~! Must be the extractions of teeths that's causing me so much uncomfortable. Weird though, coz my teeths did not hurt at all though i discovered some mouth ulcers. I was so tired i decided to send Ebi & Emma to gladys for bath while i went to the doctor. Waited approx 30mins before it was my turn. Doctor suspected i was infected with Stomach Flu & gave me 2 days MC. He also have me some antibiotics for my inflamed throat & some pills for muscle relaxant & fever. $53 - claimable though. Hehe~

Photobucket
6 types of medicines

I still felt sick as of now & my diahorrea still hasn't stops. Whatever i takes, comes out in the toilet after awhile. Sighz~ Oh yeah, im also on 'special diets' now & most of the time i takes only porridge & soupy stuffs as i can't chew. Yesterday, Dad cooked chicken rice @ home & he had to slice the breastmeat into small slices for me so i could swallow easily. My rice was also filled with more soup so it wouldn't be too dry & i can sorta 'drink' it. LOL~

Photobucket
Daddy's Chix Rice

Gonna rest & get well soon to welcome the New Year 2009~! It's my "COW" year! =)

No comments: